Did you know that stuffing is the Bay State’s favorite Thanksgiving side dish? Here is a fresh recipe from Chef Lambert Givens to try this year.
- 3 quarts of day-old cornbread (about 12 cups)
- 1 cup of diced red bell peppers
- 1 cup of diced white onions
- 1 cup of diced celery
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1lb of ground sausage
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Roast the celery, onions, and red bell peppers until lightly golden.
- Brown sausage until it’s cooked through, set aside to cool. Pro tip: Save sausage drippings.
- Crumble the cornbread to bite size pieces.
- Mix all ingredients into a bowl and measure with your heart to season with salt and pepper.
- Add butter to the bottom of an oven safe pan and add all ingredients.
- Top with chicken stock and sausage drippings.
- Cook for 1 hour or until golden brown.
If you test out this recipe be sure to tag #BOStoday so we can eat with our eyes.