Welcome, leather weather. The Parker Hill Branch of the Boston Public Library is currently hosting Punk Week, a series of events celebrating the subculture’s DIY ethos and rebellious sound.
Unlock your inner rocker at these events:
- Make Your Own Punk Outfit | Monday, Sept. 18 | 3:30-5:15 p.m. | Jump into DIY fashion by designing your own t-shirt.
- Drop-In Button Making | Tuesday, Sept. 19 | 4-5:15 p.m. | Express yourself with custom two-inch pins.
- Vinyl Record Paintings | Wednesday, Sept. 20 | 3:30-5:15 p.m. | Use discarded records as your canvas.
- Feminist Zine Making Workshop | Thursday, Sept. 21 | 1:30-3:30 p.m. | Learn about the history of zines + their role in feminism as you craft your own mini-booklet.
- Friday Films: “Ladies and Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains” | Friday, Sept. 22 | 1-2:45 p.m | Catch a matinee of this 1982 cult classic.