Happy December, Boston. ❄️ If you’re anything like us, you’re ready to do some holiday shopping, ice skating + other festive activities to get into the holiday spirit. Read on for all the top events happening this month in Beantown.
Wednesday, December 1 — Sunday, December 5
Wednesday, Dec. 1
- Trivia in the Taproom | Wed., Dec. 1 | 6-8 p.m. | Harpoon Brewery | Free | The first Wednesday of the month means trivia in the Harpoon Beer Hall.
- 176 Lincoln St. — Public Meeting | Wed., Dec. 1 | 6-7:30 p.m. | Virtual | Free | A review of the Draft Project Impact Report for this project.
- B.F.I.T. Nubian Square — Impact Advisory Group Meeting | Wed., Dec. 1 | 6-8 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Discuss the relocation of the Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology to 1003-1013 Harrison Ave.
- Holiday Wreath Workshop | Wed., Dec. 1 | 6:30-8pm | BearMoose Brewing Company, 1934 Revere Beach Pkwy., Everett | $75 | Create a holiday wreath from start to finish while enjoying craft beer.
- “Punch-Drunk Love” Filming Screening | Wed., Dec. 1 | 7 p.m. | Coolidge Corner Theatre | $12+ | Watch the 2002 romantic comedy that was written + directed by Paul Thomas Anderson and stars Adam Sandler.
- Brewery Book Club | Wed., Dec. 1 | 7-8:30 p.m. | Lamplighter Brewing Co., 284 Broadway, Cambridge | Free | Lamplighter Brewing Co., the Cambridge Public Library + All She Wrote Books host a monthly book club to discuss contemporary literature while sipping on beer.
- Gingerbread Houses & Cocktails | Wed., Dec. 1 | 7-8:30 p.m. | Love Child | $65 | Tickets will include two beverages + all materials to build your Gingerbread house.
- Comedy Night | Wed., Dec. 1 | 7-8:30 p.m. | Night Shift Brewing, Everett | $10 | Have a side of laughs with your craft beer on Wednesday nights — one drink is included with your ticket.
Thursday, Dec. 2
- Boston Common Tree Lighting | Thurs., Dec. 2 | 6-8 p.m. | Boston Common | Free | The 80th annual tree lighting ceremony will happen about 7:55 p.m. and be televised.
- 9-19 Vaughan Ave. Public Meeting | Thurs., Dec. 2 | 6-7:30 p.m. | Virtual | Free | The Proposed Project will include a multi-family residential project with 45 rental units, 21 parking spaces, 45 bicycle spaces for residents with 10 visitor bicycle spaces, and associated open space for residents and accompanying supporting amenities.
- Wine & Food Fest: A Taste of the Holidays | Thurs., Dec. 2 | 6-7:30 p.m. | La Scuola, 800 Boylston St. | $65+ | Tickets to this tasting celebration include Italian wintertime favorites like sparkling vino, Italian panettone, Venchi chocolates, seasonal pasta dishes, and more.
- Non-Player Character | Thurs., Dec. 2 | 6-10 p.m. | Museum of Science | Free | Snag spectator tickets to this virtual reality experience.
- Brené Brown Atlas of the Heart Book Launch | Thurs., Dec. 2 | 8 p.m. | Virtual | $31+ | Trident Booksellers & Cafe and Random House host a one-night-only event with the New York Times bestselling author.
- Film Screening: A Reckoning in Boston | Thurs., Dec. 2 | 7 p.m. | MIT List Visual Arts Center | Free | Register for the screening of the movie directed by Boston-based film maker James Rutenbeck.
- Artificial Gamer | Thurs., Dec. 2 | 7 p.m. | Coolidge Theater | $12+ | Stay after the credits for a Q+A with filmmaker Cad Herschberger, producer Jennifer Lee, and film subjects.
- In Conversation with Fran Lebowitz | Thurs., Dec. 2 | 8 p.m. | Emerson Colonial Theatre | $35.75+ | Join the cultural satirist following her Netflix special with Martin Scorsese, “Pretend It’s a City.”
Friday, Dec. 3
- Brett Eldredge | Fri., Dec. 3 + Sat., Dec. 4 | 8 p.m. | Boch Center, Wang Theatre | $39.50+ | See Mr. Christmas live for the Glow Live Tour.
- SoWa Winter Festival 2021 | Fri., Dec. 3-Sun., Dec. 12 | Times vary | SoWa Power Station | Monday-Thursday, free; Friday-Sunday $5+ | Explore this winter wonderland with 105 local art + food vendors.
- Luke Combs – What You See Is What You Get Tour | Fri., Dec. 3 | 7 p.m. | TD Garden | $25+ | Tickets will be honored for this rescheduled tour to see the “Beautiful Crazy” artist.
- POLO & PAN: cyclorama tour | Fri., Dec. 3 | 8 p.m. | House of Blues Boston | $32+ | Doors open at 6:30 p.m. and the clear bag policy will be in place.
Saturday, Dec. 4
- Holiday Brunch Cruise | Sat., Dec. 4, Sat., Dec. 11-Sun., Dec. 12, Sun., Dec 19 + Sun., Dec. 26 | 12-2 p.m. | Boston Harbor | $65+ | Enjoy the festively decorated interior of Northern Lights + a three-course brunch on this harbor cruise.
- CAAMP | Sat., Dec. 4 | 8 p.m. | House of Blues Boston | $35+ | Madi Diaz will also perform, doors open at 6:30 p.m.
- Holiday Market Series | Sat., Dec. 4-Sun., Dec. 5, Sat., Dec. 11-Sun., Dec. 12, Sat., Dec. 18 | 12-4 p.m. | Bone Up Brewing, 38 Norman St., Everett | Free | Shop dog treats, coloring books, holiday cookie spreads + more in the brewery’s taproom.
- Pieces From the Hole | Sat., Dec. 4 | 6:30-7:30 + 8-9 p.m. | Mass Motion Dance, 100 Holton St., Brighton | $15+ | Have a sneak peek at the work in progress by Project31.
Sunday, Dec. 5
- Rauw Alejandro | Sun., Dec. 5 | 8:30 p.m. | Agganis Arena | $44+ | Doors open at 7 p.m.
- Taproom Yoga at Night Shift Brewing | Sun., Dec. 5 | 11 a.m. | Night Shift Brewing | $15+ | Admission includes the yoga class + one beer.
- Straight No Chaser | Sun., Dec. 5 | 7 p.m. | Wang Theatre | $39+ | The sensational a cappella group brings their musical talent + humor to Boston.
Monday, December 6 — Sunday, December 12
Monday, Dec. 6
- Art Battle | Mon., Dec. 6 | 7-10 p.m. | Mighty Squirrel Brewing Co., 411 Waverley Oaks Rd., Waltham | $15+ | Vote for a winner as local artists battle the clock + each other in this fast-paced live painting tournament.
- Jodi Picoult in Conversation with Elin Hilderbrand | Mon., Dec. 6 | 6 p.m. | Brookline Booksmith | $30+ | Celebrate the release of Picoult’s new release Wish You Were Here + receive a signed copy of the book.
- Holiday Sip and Shop | Mon., Dec. 6 | 6-8 p.m. | Trident Booksellers & Cafe | Free | Enjoy personal shopping services, complimentary hot cider, custom calligraphy gift tags + more.
- Harvard-Allston Task Force Enterprise Research Campus Meeting | Mon., Dec. 6 | 6-7:30 p.m. | Virtual | Free | The meeting will begin with a 45-minute presentation of the project by the development team, followed by a 30-minute discussion of the IAG + end with 15-minutes for public Q+A.
- Beer Hall Movie Night – Dr. Seuss’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas | Mon., Dec. 6 | 6 p.m. | Harpoon Brewery | Free | Join the Who’s for a movie night in the Beer Hall, which will stay open until 9 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 7
- The Dan + Shay Arena Tour | Tues., Dec. 7 | 7 p.m. | TD Garden | $39.50+ | Originally scheduled for Oct. 2020, the show will also feature The Band Camino + Ingrid Andress.
- Haymakers for Hope — Belles of the Brawl VIII | Tues., Nov. 7 | 6:30 p.m. | House of Blues Boston | $85+ | Support a fighter you know by entering their name in the offer code box.
- Preoccupations & Metz | Tues., Dec. 7 | 7 p.m. | Brighton Music Hall | $20+ | Tickets are all general admission so get there early to see this dual performance.
- A Swingin’ Little Christmas | Tues., Dec. 7 | 8 p.m. | City Winery | $67+ | Emmy and Golden Globe winner Jane Lynch brings her live concert tour to Boston.
Wednesday, Dec. 8
- Kaytranada — Autumn ’21 Tour | Wed., Dec. 8 | 8 p.m. | House of Blues Boston | $35+ | Doors open at 7p.m. + Sango will also perform.
- 355 Bennington St. — Public Meeting | Wed., Dec. 8 | 6-7:30 p.m. | Virtual | Free | This project proposal includes the demolition of the existing structure and construction of a mixed use building with up to 170 residential units, a ground floor retail space + public realm improvements.
- “There Will Be Blood” Film Screening | Wed., Dec. 8 | 7 p.m. | Coolidge Corner Theatre | $12+ | See Paul Thomas Anderson’s a down and out miner that transforms himself into an oil tycoon.
- Madison Tropical Parcel 10 — Project Review Committee Meeting | Wed., Dec. 8 | 6:30-8 p.m. | Virtual | Free | The meeting will go over a presentation + be followed with Q+A.
- Building Black Wealth Monthly Series | Wed., Dec. 8 | 6-8 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Join Roxbury Community College for this informational monthly series.
Thursday, Dec. 9
- Kaytranada — Autumn ’21 Tour | Thurs., Dec. 9 | 8 p.m. | House of Blues Boston | $35+ | Doors open at 7 p.m. + Sango will also perform.
- Illuminations Tour Kick Off | Thurs., Dec. 9 | 6-8 p.m. | Various locations, Somerville | Free | Participate in a city-wide caroling event to kick off Somerville’s month-long lights extravaganza.
- Ice Sculpture Stroll | Thurs., Dec. 9 | 6-9 p.m. | Assembly Row | Free | Check out nine ice sculptures located throughout the Row, with surprises along the way + festive music courtesy of Kiss 108.
- Holiday Stroll | Thurs., Dec. 9-Sat., Dec. 11 | 7 a.m. | Union Square, Somerville | Free | Don’t miss the annual festive stroll through the neighborhood’s local businesses.
- Comedy on Draft | Thurs., Dec. 9 | 8 p.m. | Sam Adams Taproom | $15 | Doors open at 7 p.m. to see New Hampshire-based comic Drew Dunn.
- Dionne Warwick | Thurs., Dec. 9 | 8 p.m. | Lynn Auditorium, 3 City Hall Sq., Lynn | $47+ | The five-time Grammy award-winning pop singer performs live.
- Mary Ellen McCormack — Virtual Public Meeting | Thurs., Dec. 9 | 6-8 p.m. | Virtual | Free | The Proposed Project Mary Ellen McCormack Redevelopment will replace the existing affordable homes, creating 69,000 square feet of community and retail space, and approximately 520 new parking spaces.
- St Elizabeth’s Medical Center Public Meeting | Thursday, December 9, 2021 | 5-6:20 p.m. | Virtual | Free | The BPDA will discuss the plan for the proposed Parking Garage project located in Brighton.
Friday, Dec. 10
- Cirque Dreams Holidaze | Fri., Dec. 10-Sun., Dec. 12 | Times vary | Boch Center Shubert Theatre | $49.50+ | Holiday traditions are incorporated in a whimsical musical + contemporary circus artistry mixed into one performance.
- Sullivan King | Fri., Dec. 10 | 8 p.m. | House of Blues Boston | $20+ | Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for the Loud & Reckless Tour.
- West Roxbury Winter Holiday Market | Fri., Dec. 10 | 5-8 p.m. | Hastings Parking Lot, 1891 Center St., West Roxbury | Free | Shop for goodies from local vendors, enjoy live music from Citizen Artists Orchestra + even say hello to Santa Claus.
- A Christmas Story: The Musical | Fri., Dec. 10-Sun., Dec. 19 | Times vary | Boch Center, Wang Theatre | $25+ | See the classic 1983 holiday movie, leg lamp and all, on the stage and try not to shoot your eye out kid.
- Young Friends of the Public Garden Winter Party | Fri., Dec. 10 | 6-9:30 p.m. | 8 Park St. | $80 | Tickets to the third annual winter party include two drink tickets.
Saturday, Dec. 11
- Harbor Market | Sat., Dec. 11 | 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. | Institute of Contemporary Art | Free | 21 local creators will be selling unique handmade goods, just in time for holiday shopping.
Andrea Bocelli | Sat., Dec. 11 | 7 p.m. | TD Garden | $135+ | Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for the World-renowned Italian artist.
- Ugly Sweater Bar Crawl | Sat., Dec. 11 | 2-9 p.m. | Faneuil Hall Marketplace | $23+ | Don your ugliest sweaters, santa suits, or onesies for the sixth annual ugly sweater bar crawl.
- Kendall Square Holiday Ice Show | Sat., Dec. 11 | 11-6 p.m. | Skate at Canal District Kendall | Free | Festivities begin at 11 a.m. and the free skating performance will start at 2 p.m. + feature Nancy Kerrigan.
- “Better Watch Out” Screening | Sat., Dec. 11 | 11:59 p.m. | Coolidge Corner Theatre | $14 | Catch a midnight viewing of this fresh take on the home-invasion horror movie.
- Holiday High Tea | Sat., Dec. 11 + Sat., Dec. 18 | 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m. | Town Meeting Bistro, 2027 Massachusetts Ave., Lexington | $45+ | Get your friends or family together to sip tea + enjoy tasty treats like mini lobster rolls, finger sandwiches, and apple cider doughnut
Sunday, Dec. 12
- Taproom Yoga at Night Shift Brewing | Sun., Dec. 12 | 11 a.m. | Night Shift Brewing | $15+ | Admission includes the yoga class + one beer.
- Women’s Holiday Market at the Speedway | Sun., Dec. 12 + Sun., Dec. 19 | 12-5 p.m. | Charles River Speedway | Free | Vendors include Cannon Candles, Beech Street Pottery, and Lavender Menace Press.
Monday, December 13 — Sunday, December 19
Monday., Dec. 13
- The Transcendentalists and Their World | Mon., Dec. 13 | 5:30-6:30 p.m. | Massachusetts Historical Society, 1154 Boylston St. | Free | Bancroft Prize winning author Robert Gross presents a fresh view of the thinkers whose ideas spread from Concord to the rest of the world.
- 109 Brookline Ave. — Brookline Avenue Virtual Community Advisory Committee Meeting | Thurs., Dec. 13 | 6-8 p.m. | Virtual | Free | The proposal includes an approximately 239,000 sqft. building intended for office, laboratory, research, and development, ground-floor retail, and below-grade parking.
- Beer Hall Movie Night | Mon., Dec. 13 | 6 p.m. | Harpoon Brewery | Free | Drinks, food + special holiday treats are available for purchase during this showing of Gremlins.
- Winter Social | Mon., Dec. 13 | 6-8 p.m. | The Gallery at the W Hotel, 100 Stuart Street | $10+ | Unwind after work + connect with friends from the Boston Young Professionals Association.
- Celtics vs. Bucks | Mon., Dec. 13 | 7:30 p.m. | TD Garden | $27+ | Be there for the tipoff against the Milwaukee Bucks.
- Black Narcissus | Mon., Dec. 13 | 7 p.m. | Coolidge Corner Theatre | $12+ | Neuroscience professor Rebecca Shansky will introduce this Science on Screen film.
Tuesday, Dec. 14
- Bonsai Bar | Tues., Dec. 14 | 6-8 p.m. | Trident Booksellers & Cafe | $50 | Attendees will prune, pot + design their own bonsai tree under the instruction of a bonsai expert.
- 354 E St. — Virtual Public Meeting | Tues., Dec. 14 | 6-7:30 p.m. | Virtual | Free | The meeting will discuss the Small Project Review Application to renovate a former church previously known as Saint Vincent DePaul Church.
- 420 Rutherford Ave. — Virtual Public Meeting | Tues., Dec. 14 | 6-7:30 p.m. | Virtual | Free | The project includes the construction of a new building, anticipated to be occupied by life sciences tenants.
- 800 Morrissey Blvd. — Virtual Public Meeting | Tues., Dec. 14 | 6-7:30 p.m. | Virtual | Free | The potential project would construct a six-story residential building, with 240 units, with a parking garage containing approximately 162 off-street parking spaces, plus structured bicycle storage.
- Rainbow Dreamland Tour | Tues., Dec. 14 | 8 p.m. | House of Blues Boston | $25+ | Doors open at 7 p.m.
- Bruins vs. Golden Knights | Tues., Dec. 14 | 7 p.m. | TD Garden | $50+ | Watch the Bruins take on the Vegas Golden Knights.
- Sip & Shop | Tues., Dec. 14 | 6-9 p.m. | Publico, 11 Dorchester St., South Boston | Free | Browse items from Bodhii Boutique, The Style Filos, Sage in Good Co., and Shop Good Tuesday while sipping a complimentary cocktail.
Wednesday, Dec. 15
- Genesis – The Last Domino | Wed., Dec. 15 | 8 p.m. | TD Garden | $104+ | You can dance at this local tour stop.
- “Inherent Vice” Film Screening | Wed., Dec. 15 | 7 p.m. | Coolidge Corner Theatre | $19.25+ | Paul Thomas Anderson’s 2014 crime film based on Thomas Pynchon’s 2009 novel.
- Shakey Graves | Wed., Dec. 15 | 8 p.m. | Royale | $68+ | Snag tickets to see the Americana musician perform at the Boston leg of their tour.
- Comedy Night | Wed., Dec. 15 | 7-8:30 p.m. | Night Shift Brewing, Everett | $10 | Have a side of laughs with your craft beer on Wednesday nights — one drink is included with your ticket.
- Innovators Holiday Cocktails | Wed., Dec. 15 | 6:30 p.m. | Museum of Science | $35+ | A skating rink will be brought into the museum for this winter wonderland — need we say more?
- B.Royal Boutique Pop Up | Wed., Dec. 15 | 11 a.m.-8 p.m. | Assembly Row, Somerville | Free | Shop womenswear, accessories + jewelry at the grand opening of this small business pop up.
Thursday, Dec. 16
- Boston miniFEST | Thurs., Dec. 16 | 6 p.m. | Sonia, 10 Brookline St., Cambridge | Free for 21+, $5 for those under 21 | Doors open at 5:45 p.m. for this evening of music, art + community.
- Cryptodira | Thurs., Dec. 16 | 6 p.m. | Brighton Musical Hall | $22.50+ | Don’t miss a performance by the experimental metal band.
- San Holo | Thurs., Dec. 16 | 8 p.m. | House of Blues Boston | $25+ | Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for the bb u ok? Tour.
- Annual Truffle Dinner | Thurs., Dec. 16 | 5-9 p.m. | Talulla | $175+ | Book a reservation for the five course dinner and don’t forget to add the wine pairing.
- Holiday Night Out | Thurs., Dec. 16 | 5 p.m. | Various locations, Charlestown | Free | The small businesses of Charlestown will host special deals, pop-ups + giveaways.
- Holiday Sip and Shop | Thurs., Dec. 16 | 6-8 p.m. | Trident Booksellers & Cafe | Free | Enjoy personal shopping services, complimentary hot cider, free gift wrap + more.
Friday, Dec. 17
- Los Lobos | Fri., Dec. 17-Sat., Dec. 18 | 8 p.m. | City Winery | $68+ | Doors open at 6 p.m. for the Los Angeles-based rock group.
- A Christmas Celtic Sojourn | Fri., Dec. 17-Sun., Dec. 19 | Times vary | Cutler Majestic Theatre | $25+ | Viewers can enjoy the holiday performance live on-stage or virtually.
- Streetlight Manifesto | Fri., Dec. 17 | 8 p.m. | House of Blues Boston | $25+ | This show will include performances from Streetlight Manifesto, THICK + Catbite.
- Black Christmas | Fri., Dec. 17 | 11:59 p.m. | Coolidge Theater | $14 | Grab tickets to the midnight screening of this terrifying holiday tradition.
Saturday, Dec. 18
- Boston University Men’s Basketball vs. Marist College Red Foxes Men’s Basketball | Sat., Dec. 18 | 5 p.m. | Case Gym | $15+ |
- Ancient Greek and Roman Free Admission Day | Sat., Dec. 18 | 10 a.m.-5 p.m. | Museum of Fine Arts | Free | General admission tickets are available beginning Dec. 14, at no cost.
- Urban Nutcracker | Sat., Dec. 18-Wed., Dec. 22 | Times vary | Shubert Theatre | $29+ | The theatrical holiday tradition returns to Boston for its 20th annual season.
- MisterWives | Sat., Dec. 18 | 8 p.m. | House of Blues Boston | $29.50+ | Doors open at 7 p.m. for MisterWives + Frances Forever.
- The Coziest Night of the Year | Sat., Dec. 18 | 6-9 p.m. | Boston Children’s Museum | $25+ | Visitors are encouraged to wear their comfiest pajamas for this after hours event.
- Brighton Bazaar Holiday Market | Sat., Dec. 18 | 11 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. | Brighton Lodge of Elks | Price of purchase | Stop by the first ever weekend Bazaar to shop 30+ local vendors.
- The Muppet Christmas Carol | Sat., Dec. 18 + Sun., Dec. 19 | 10:30 a.m. | Coolidge Corner Theatre | $8+ | Join Kermet + the Muppets in this merry version of Charles Dickens’ classic tale.
- Santa at the Time Out Market | Sat. Dec. 18 | 10:30 a.m. | Time Out Market, 401 Park Dr. | Free | The jolly man in red will be available for photos from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m. + live holiday music goes until 1 p.m.
- Winter Market | Sat., Dec. 18 | 12-4 p.m. | Night Shift Brewing, 87 Santilli Hwy, Everett | Free | Lionheart Confections, Coffee Bean Knitting, and other local vendors will be selling goods at this winter market.
Sunday, Dec. 19
- A Christmas Story — The Musical | Sun., Dec. 19 | 6:30 p.m. | Boch Center | $25+ | Nobody’s eye will be shot out for this last performance of a holiday classic.
- Taproom Yoga at Night Shift Brewing | Sun., Dec. 19 | 11 a.m. | Night Shift Brewing | $15+ | Admission includes the yoga class + one beer.
- Jordan Davis | Sun., Dec. 19 | 8 p.m. | House of Blues Boston | $28+ | See Jordan Davis, Seaforth + MacKenzie Porter on the Buy Dirt Tour.
Monday, December 20 — Sunday, December 26
Monday., Dec. 20
- Camelopard :: Rawstrum :: Zygote Theory :: Headlights | Mon., Dec. 20 | 6:30-10 p.m. | The Jungle Community Music Club | Free | Doors open at 6:30 p.m. + donations are encouraged for the artists.
- Celtics vs 76ers | Mon., Dec. 20 | 7:30 p.m. | TD Garden | $24+ | Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 21
- Fiddler on the Roof | Sun., Dec 21-Fri., Dec. 26 | Various times | Emerson Colonial Theatre | $45+ | L’chaim, to life! Don’t miss Tony Award-winning director Bartlett Sher’s take on the beloved musical.
- Bruins vs. Hurricanes | Sun., Dec. 21 | 7 p.m. | TD Garden | $65+ | The Carolina Hurricanes are coming to town to take on the Bruins.
- Prelude to Christmas Charcuterie and Wine Pairing | Tues., Dec. 21 | 6:30-7:30 p.m. | Boston Winery | $35 | Wine lovers come hungry for pairings of cured meats, cheeses, olives, and more.
- Beer Mug Painting | Tues., Dec. 21 | 7-10 p.m. | Night Shift Brewing – Everett | $20 | Inebri-Art will provide all the materials needed to decorate your own mug.
Wednesday, Dec. 22
- “Phantom Thread” Film Screening | Wed., Dec. 22 | 7 p.m. | Coolidge Corner Theatre | $19.25+ | Watch this 2017 historical drama on the big screen.
- Comedy Night | Wed., Dec. 22 | 7-8:30 p.m. | Night Shift Brewing, Everett | $10 | Have a side of laughs with your craft beer on Wednesday nights — one drink is included with your ticket.
- Celtics vs. Cavaliers | Wed., Dec. 22 | 7:30 p.m. | TD Garden | $22+ | Watch the Boston Celtics take on the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Thursday, Dec. 23
- Wine Tasting | Thurs., Dec. 23 | 5-7 p.m. | Mayhew Wine Shop, 20 Melcher St. | Free | Each Thursday evening, pop into this Seaport wine shop to sample from their selection of 350+ wines.
- Repo Man on 35mm | Thurs., Dec. 23 | 4:45 + 9:30 p.m. | Brattle Theatre | $12+ | Watch one for the screenings as part of the Let’s Hear it for 1984 series.
- Feast of the Seven Fishes | Thurs., Dec. 23 | 6:30 p.m. | Bar Mezzana, 360 Harrison Ave. | $120+ | Bar Mezzana’s interpretation of a multi-course seafood dinner, with an optional wine pairing for $55.
- Comedy Night: How Bout Booksmith? | Thurs., Dec. 23 | 7 p.m. | Brookline Booksmith, 279 Harvard St., Brookline | Free | See headliner Chase Abel + other comedians and grab a drink at the in-store bar.
Friday, Dec. 24
- Christmas Eve Irish Seisiún at the Bebop | Fri., Dec. 24 | 4-7 p.m. | The Bebop | Free | Feel festive with a traditional Irish Seisiún + some holiday tunes too.
Sunday, Dec. 26
- New England Patriots vs. Buffalo Bills | Sun., Dec. 26 | 1 p.m. | Gillette Stadium | $126+ | Grab your red + blue gear and head to Foxborough for a home game.
- Taproom Yoga at Night Shift Brewing | Sun., Dec. 26 | 11 a.m. | Night Shift Brewing | $15+ | Admission includes the yoga class + one beer.
Monday, December 27 — Friday, December 31
Monday., Dec. 27
- Above & Beyond at Big Night Live | Mon., Dec. 27 | 9 p.m. | Big Night Live, 110 Causeway St. | $49.50 | The show will also feature Bexxe.
- Mother Fungus, The Love Shamans+ Space Casino | Mon., Dec. 27 | 7 p.m. | $12+ | Doors open at 6:30 p.m. — tickets are $12 in advance and $15 at the door.
Tuesday, Dec. 28
- Disney on Ice | Tues., Dec. 28 | 4 p.m. | Agganis Arena, 925 Commonwealth Ave. | $15+ | Watch all your favorite Disney characters take to the ice with high-flying acrobatics + stunts.
- Bob Marley Comedian | Tues., Dec. 28 | 8 p.m. | The Wilbur, 246 Tremont St. | $44.50+ | Watch as Bob Marley, the comedian, celebrates 15 years on the stage.
- Alesso | Tues., Dec. 28 | 9:30 p.m. | Big Night Live, 110 Causeway St. | $54.50+ | Celebrate New Year’s Eve week with this live performance.
Wednesday, Dec. 29
- Wicked Retro Night | Wed., Dec. 29 | 5-8 p.m. | Sam Adams Boston Taproom | Free | Come play all your favorite retro video games with a local beer or two.
- Celtics vs. Clippers | Wed., Dec. 29 | 7:30 p.m. | TD Garden | $68+ | Watch the home team take on the Los Angeles Clippers.
- Wine Down Wednesday | Wed., Dec. 29 | 4-6 p.m. | 305 Harvard St. | $10 | Join vomFASS Brookline for tastings, 10% off featured craft wines + hors d’oeuvres.
- Comedy at Bill’s Bar | Wed., Dec. 29 | 7:30-9 p.m. | Bill’s Bar, 5 Lansdowne St. | Free | Laugh along with headlining stand-up comedians next door to Fenway Park.
- LGBTQIA+ Speed-Friending | Wed., Dec. 29 | 7-9 p.m. | Trident Booksellers & Cafe | $15 | Skip the small talk for meaningful conversations with strangers.
Thurs., Dec. 30
- Comedy at Back Bay Social | Thurs., Dec. 30 | 7:30-9 p.m. | 867 Boylston St. | $10 | Laugh along with stand-up comedians right in the heart of Back Bay.
- Candy Engineering at the Waterworks Museum | Thurs., Dec. 30 | 11 a.m.-3 p.m. | 2450 Beacon St. Chestnut Hill | Free | Engineer amazing spice drop structures and design your own candy maze.
Friday, Dec. 31
- Boston Celtics vs. Phoenix Suns | Fri., Dec. 31 | 1 p.m. | TD Garden | $70+ | Cheer on the Celtics for their last game of 2021.
- New Year’s Eve Trivia Night | Fri., Dec. 31 | 7 p.m. | Trident Booksellers & Cafe | Free | The year-in-review themed trivia night features seven rounds of general knowledge questions + some wildcards along the way.
- Celtics vs. Suns | Fri., Dec. 31 | 1 p.m. | TD Garden | $70+ | Head to TD Garden for this New Years Eve game.
- High Society New Year’s Eve | Fri., Dec. 31 | 9 p.m. | W Boston, 100 Stuart St. | $60+ | The W Hotel Boston + Prive New England present an upscale night of entertainment in the grand ballroom — black tie highly encouraged.
- New Year’s Eve on the Harbor | Fri., Dec. 31 | 8 p.m. | Reel House, 6 New St. | $55+ | A cocktail party and fireworks show with a raw bar, champagne toast + party favors.
- New Year’s Eve on the Waterfront | Fri., Dec, 31 | 8 p.m. | Pier 6, 1 8th St. | $55+ | A midnight fireworks show by Boston Harbor Now + cocktail party.