It’s the first Friday of 2022 so that means you’ll find us at SoWa’s First Friday festivities.
SoWa First Friday is a celebration of local artists and studios in Boston’s art and design district that happens on the first Friday of every month. There are over 20 galleries inside a two block radius, meaning there is something for everyone.
Tonight from 5-9 p.m., plan to visit and explore the open galleries and studios for free. There is parking available, or you can take public transportation to the Broadway, Tufts, and Back Bay MBTA stations, in addition to the Silver Line.
When you get there (530 Harrison Ave.), expect to be greeted by the artists and explore these receptions:
- SoWa Artist Guild — Various artists from 5-9 p.m.
- Fountain Street Gallery — The Space for Maybe, Core member exhibition from 5-8 p.m.
- Boston Sculptors Gallery — Nancy Selvage: Solstice and Kenson Truong: Bespoke from 5-8:30 p.m.
- Bromfield Gallery — Virginia Mahoney: Shielded State and Anne Birutė Harris: PEAK from 6-8 p.m.
- Gallery Kayafas — Refuge + events in a field + BATHERS, EXPOSED from 5:30-8 p.m.
- Howard Yezerski Gallery — Sally B. Moore selected works from 5-8 p.m.
- Kingston Gallery — Jennifer Moses: Rock, Paper, Scissors, Antoinette M. Winters: Once upon a time…, and Chantal Zakari: The Bookshop is open from 5-8 p.m.
Organizers will be enforcing social distancing rules and have limited capacity in each space. Be sure to check in with your favorite shops and galleries to double check their hours and what guidelines they’ll be enforcing.
If you want to Gogh on more artsy adventures, stop by the Immersve Van Gogh exhibit at the SoWa Power Station. Tickets are still available early in the day and start at $39.
Hungry to explore more of the area? Support local restaurants within walking distance of the action. Here is a running list of all the award winning restaurants + cafes in the area.