Did you know that today is Guinness World Records Day? We thought we’d celebrate with some record-breaking moments in local history.
- Drew Abrutyn + Tyler Chaco hold the record for the fastest time to travel to all MBTA stations as of July 2021. It took 6 hours, 57 minutes, and 22 seconds.
- The largest chicken nugget (46.3 lbs) was created in Cambridge this year, thanks to local food influencers Lynn Davis and Nick DiGiovanni.
- The Boston University Global China Connection broke the world record for the Largest LEGO Brick Word this past March, using 44,029 total LEGO pieces to spell out “Terriers.”
- John Kelly earned the title of fastest marathon runner dressed as a videogame character after the 2016 Boston Marathon for his 2 hour and 57 minute race time. For those who are curious, he ran dressed as Link.
- Students at UMass Amherst cooked up the largest stir-fry (weighing 4,010 lbs) in 2011.