The City of Cambridge is breathing new life into a 132-year old industrial space.
The building at 101 Rogers St. is now officially “The Foundry,” a center of creativity + collaboration in the Kendall Square neighborhood.
Here’s what we know about the space so far:
- The building is 50,000 sqft.
- Common areas include a cafe, community hall + Jukebox for a story sharing project.
- Visitors can reserve maker spaces, specialty spaces (think: cooking classes and performances), and multi-purpose rooms for meetings.
- Memberships are available to the maker spaces or art studios.
- Community members can volunteer to help with the welcome desk, mentoring young people + setting up for special events.
Mark your calendar for the opening celebration from Sat., Oct. 8-Mon., Oct. 10 for the chance to shape future Foundry programming.