The Boston Planning and Development Agency has officially approved a new home for the American Repertory Theater.
The new location — named the David E. ’93 and Stacey L. Goel Center for Creativity and Performance — will place the theater around the corner from Harvard’s Science and Engineering Complex.
- Size | 70,000 sqft.
- Completion | ~Fall 2026
- Location | 175 N. Harvard St., Allston
- Architect and design team | UK-based firm Haworth Tompkins
What to expect
- Two flexible performance venues
- Rehearsal studios
- Teaching spaces
- Public lobby
- Outdoor performance yard (for ticketed and free events)
- 276-unit residential building (with capacity to house ~500 Harvard affiliates)