The first day of fall is Saturday, Sept. 23. To celebrate the start of the autumnal equinox, we’ve found a few events and experiences that will surely have you saying “oh my gourd.”
Pumpkin Palooza | Friday, Sept. 29 | 7-11 p.m. | Lamplighter Brewing, 284 Broadway, Cambridge | Free to attend | Festivities include pumpkin treats, pumpkin decorating in the back taproom, and fresh pours of David S. Pumpkins. Pro tip: Don’t forget to ask for a cinnamon sugar rim.
Spice Blend Class | Friday, Sept. 29 | 6-8 p.m. | More Than Words Bookstore, 242 E. Berkeley St. | $40 | Make your own pumpkin spice blend.
Harvest Party | Thursday, Oct. 12 | 5:30-10 p.m. | Boston Public Market | $50+ | Shop the local vendors + see New England’s largest pumpkins.
Pumpkin Flower Arranging Workshop | Tuesday, Oct. 17 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | Castle Island Brewing, 31 Astor Ave., Norwood | $77 | Tickets include one drink + the interactive workshop with all the tools, florals, and ceramic pumpkin vase.
Fall Fest | Saturday, Oct. 28 | 5-8 p.m. | Kendall/MIT Open Space, 292 Main St., Cambridge | Free | Enjoy stargazing with MIT Astrogazers, live music, yard games, fall food favorites, and make your own sea salt scrub.
Pumpkin Painting | Monday, Oct. 30 | 6-8 p.m. | High Street Place | $35 | Tickets include up to three small or one medium-to-large size pumpkin to decorate with any design or pattern.
- Take in the fall foliage at one of these local spots.
- Pick a bushel or a peck of local apples at one of these five farms.
- Visit a pumpkin patch to pick your pumpkin and send us your best carvings.
- Get lost in some of the best corn mazes in the US.
- Gather your ghouls and visit one of these six historic cemeteries for a haunting experience.
- Spend a day in Salem and run amok at these Hocus Pocus locations.