Planning a getaway? Spend some time getting to know Jacksonville, FL.
The River City has so much to explore as the largest city by landmass in the US. Whether you are looking for family-fun with a day at the Jacksonville Zoo, a pro football game at TIAA Bank Field, or a relaxing beach day — here’s your guide to a few days in Jacksonville that will have you screaming DUUUVAL.
- The River City earns it’s name from the St. John’s River that empties into the Atlantic Ocean + Jacksonville has the most shoreline of any Florida city. It’s also the hometown of the rock bands like Lynyrd Skynyrd and Yellowcard.
- Run, don’t walk to register for the Gate River Run, which is the largest 15K in the US. Listen to the music at the Jacksonville Jazz Festival — one of the largest free jazz festivals. Take a swing at seeing some of the best golfers at THE PLAYERS Championship at TPC Sawgrass.
- Book a tour, it’s always patio weather in Florida + try one of these 50 best restaurants of 2022.
Act like a local:
- Food: Enjoy brunch at River & Post, take in the rooftop views at Cowford Chophouse, and relax with a farm to table style meal at Congaree and Penn.
- Drink: Take on the Jax Ale Trail. Pro tip: don’t skip the IPA selection at South Swells Brewing Co. or the Duke’s Brown Ale from Bold City Brewery.
- Outdoors: Spend some time in the Florida sun at Jax Beach, Little Talbot Island State Park + Hanna Park.
- Learn: If rain is keeping you inside, check out MOSH (aka the Museum of Science and History) , Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens + MOCA (aka the Museum of Contemporary Art) .
- Listen: Jam out to an intimate show at Jack Rabbits, watch a show at the historic Florida Theatre, or see a performance at the Jacksonville Center for Performing Arts.
- Sports: Watch a game with one of the home teams like the Jacksonville Jaguars, the Jumbo Shrimp baseball, the Armada FC, or the Jacksonville Giants basketball.
Where to stay:
- Luxury hotel: One Ocean Resort — stay just steps from the Atlantic Ocean in a spa + event venue (~$204/night)
- Historic stay: Casa Marina Hotel (~$113/night)
- Downtown views: Hyatt Regency Riverfront — located within walking distance to downtown Jacksonville (~$156/night)
- Vrbo: Condo on the beach (~$230/night)*