Ready for a professional change or are you just curious what is available locally? You’re not alone.
According to a recent jobs report from the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the national unemployment rate is 3.5% and there are reported increases in jobs across industries, including health care, hospitality, and manufacturing. Many companies are facing a labor shortage, meaning it’s a good time for those looking for a new position.
The first steps in the job search process are always the hardest — so we did the work for you. Here are 10 cool jobs that are open now in Boston.
- Civic | Director of Climate Resilience & Adaptation | City of Boston | Full-time | Lead the development and implementation of Boston’s climate resilience strategies and programs.
- Civic | Black Men’s Initiative Program Manager | City of Boston | Full-time | Boston residency is required for this role within the Equity and Inclusion Cabinet.
- Events | Associate Director of Special Events | Institute of Contemporary Art | Full-time | Lead the ICA’s fundraising events program and oversee the calendar of 20+ annual events.
- Finance | Manager of Financial Operations | Harvard Art Museums | Full-time | Take the lead on accounting and compliance operations.
- Government | Special Agent | Federal Bureau of Investigation, Boston location | Full-time | Candidates must be able to pass the physical fitness test and obtain top level security clearance.
- Marketing | Global Media Director | New Balance | Full-time | Manage the Boston team to create strategies and campaigns across all media channels.
- Social Media | Senior Director of Social Media | Dana-Farber Cancer Institute | Full-time | Support this healthcare non-profit but creating a comprehensive social media strategy.
- Sports | Red Sox Analyst | Fenway Sports Management | Full-time | Join the team’s baseball analytic department focusing on player evaluation, acquisition, and development.
- Tourism | Tour Guide | Red Sox | Part-time | Share the history of Fenway Park both during baseball season + in the off-season.
- Transit | Transportation Planner | Massport | Full-time | This strategic position will develop solutions to enhance ground access and High Occupancy Vehicle options to Logan Airport and Massport’s other locations.
Bonus: Register for the upcoming LGBTQ+ Job Fair on Friday, Jan. 27 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Park Plaza Hotel.