Happy November, Boston. If you’re anything like us, you’re getting ready for all the foodie events, holiday markets + music events coming to our city. Read on for all the top events happening this month in Beantown.
Saturday, Nov. 13
- Wicked Wine & Seltzer Fest | Sat., Nov. 13 | 12-9:30 p.m. | Revere Hotel Boston Common, 200 Stuart St. | $29+ | Live music with DJ performances, corn hole and other games, tasting contests, and a silent auction to support Project Smile.
- The Junior League of Boston Solutions Summit | Sat., Nov. 13 | 9 a.m.-1 p.m. | Junior League of Boston, 117 Newbury St. | Free |
- Boston Open Market | Sat., Nov. 13 | 11 a.m-5 p.m. | Copley Square | Free | The weekly arts market continues through November.
Sunday, Nov. 14
- 7th Annual Lynn Tech Festival of Trees | Sun., Nov. 14-Sat., Nov. 20 | Times vary | Lynn Vocational and Technical Institute | Price of purchase | All proceeds of admission and ticket sales go to scholarships for the Lynn Tech students.
Monday, November 15 — Sunday, November 21
Monday, Nov. 15
- Cooking Matters at Home: Hack your Snack | Mon., Nov. 15 | 5:30-6:30 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Register for this online workshop + participants will receive a $10 Hannaford’s gift card.
- The Flaming Lips | Mon., Nov. 15 | 8 p.m. | House of Blues Boston | $49.50+ | Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for the American Head American Tour.
- 449 Cambridge St. Public Meeting | Mon., Nov. 15 | 6-7:30 p.m. | Virtual | Free | The Project changes to be discussed include eliminating Compact Living Policy units at specific units and end with a Q+A.
- In-person Tour: Art and Architecture Tour | Mon., Nov. 15 | 5:30-6:30 p.m. | Boston Athenæum | Members, Free + Visitors, $2 | Take a guided tour of the Boston Athenæum focused on the history of the building +the special collections.
- Hot Chix Pop-Up | Mon., Nov. 15 | 4:30-9 p.m. | PAGU Cambridge | $12+ | Order your chix fix in Nashville hot or not spicy ahead of time.
Tuesday, Nov. 16
- Jason Bonham’s Led Zeppelin Evening | Tues., Nov. 16 | 8 p.m. | House of Blues Boston | $39.50 | Doors open at 6:30 p.m.
- Paws and Pints | Tues., Nov. 16 | 6:15-9 p.m. | Night Shift Brewing | Price of purchase | The 50/50 raffle each week will support local animal welfare organizations.
- 10 Stonley Rd. Public Meeting | Tues., Nov. 16 | 6-7:30 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Plan for a presentation followed by a Q+A.
- Reach Customers Online with Google | Tues., Nov. 16 | 10-11 a.m. | Virtual | Free | Learn from Google speaker Bryan Caplan on how to grow your business online.
- Virtual Book Talk: The Lost Café Schindler: One Family, Two Wars, and the Search for Truth | Tues., Nov. 16 | 12-1 p.m. | Virtual | Members, free + Visitors, $5 | Hear from the author of “The Lost Café Schindler.”
- Parcel 12: Citizens Advisory Committee and Public Meeting | Tues., Nov. 16 | 6-8 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Pre-register to join in the virtual meeting.
- Guide to Affordable Housing in Boston | Tues., Nov. 16 | 6-7:30 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Join Boston’s Young Professional Association to learn the tips and tricks of Boston’s Affordable Housing program.
- 7 Dana Ave. Virtual Public Meeting | Tues., Nov. 16 | 6-7:30 p.m. | Virtual | Free | The BPDA is hosting a public meeting for the Hyde Park project to build a 4-story 27-unit building for residential units.
- Harvest Wine Dinner | Tues., Nov. 16 | 6-9 p.m. | Evviva Trattoria | $100+ | A $25 deposit will grant you access to the 5-course dinner.
Wednesday, Nov. 17
- Idea Swap 2021 | Wed., Nov. 17-Thurs., Nov. 18 | Times vary | $15+ | New England Foundation for the Art’s is hosting the informal networking, presentations, and facilitated small groups to discuss project ideas.
- An Evening with the Authors of Boston Made | Wed., Nov. 17 | 7-8 p.m. | Virtual | Free | The program will be livestreamed and include a Q+A with Dr. Robert Krim and Alan Earls.
- Boston Festival of New Jewish Music | Wed., Nov. 17 | 7-9 p.m. | Virtual + BackRoom at The Boston Synagogue, 55 Martha Rd. | Free | Donations are welcome for this monthly free concert.
- Steely Dan — The Absolutely Normal Tour | Wed., Nov. 17 | 8 p.m. | Orpheum Theatre | $54+
- Billy Strings | Wed., Nov. 17 | 8:30 p.m. | Boch Center Wang Theatre | 39.50+ | Doors open at 7 p.m.
- Trivia Night | Wed., Nov. 17 | 7-8:30 p.m. | Dorchester Brewing Company | $5 reservation fee | Reservation fee can be applied to the bar tab for the evening.
- Capital Inicial | Wed., Nov. 17 | 8 p.m. | House of Blues Boston | $79+ | New clear bag policy will be in place.
- 109 Brookline Ave. Community Advisory Committee (CAC) Meeting | Wed., Nov. 17 | 6-8 p.m. | Virtual | Free | One project that will be discussed is an approximately 239,000 sqft building.
- Genealogy: Newspapers and Print Resources | Wed., Nov. 17 | 6-7 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Discover how to use newspapers for family history research + a basic overview of print resources.
- Virtual Book Talk: The Personal Librarian | Wed., Nov. 17 | 7-8 p.m. | Virtual | Members, free + Visitors $5 | Talk with the local authors of the book “The Personal Librarian.”
- Networking Night for Boston’s Young Professionals | Wed., Nov. 17 | 6-8:30 p.m. | Paddy O’s, 33 Union St. | $15 | Shake some hands with fellow young professionals.
- Indigenous Public Art and Cultural Spaces Webinar | Wed., Nov. 17 | 5:30 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Informational session to learn about the library’s call for an Indigenous public art and cultural spaces consultant.
Thursday, Nov. 18
- Dewey Square Farmers Market | Thurs., Nov. 18 | 11 a.m.-4 p.m. | Dewey Square, 100 Hanover St. | Free | Find seasonal foods at the outdoor market on The Greenway.
- Trivia For Phrends! | Thurs., Nov. 18 | 8-10 p.m. | Over the Charles Rooftop Bar | Free | Reserve your table in advance for the rooftop or the indoor atrium.
- FINNEAS | Thurs., Nov. 18 | 8 p.m. | House of Blues Boston | $28.50 | Doors open at 7 p.m. for the Optimist Tour 2021.
- BPDA Board Meeting | Thurs., Nov. 18 | 3:30-7:30 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Tune in at 5:30 p.m. for the public segment of the meeting.
- David J. Silverman — This Land Is Their Land | Thurs., Nov. 18 | 6-7 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Tune into a Zoom discussion with David Silverman to discuss his new book on the 400th anniversary of the first Thanksgiving.
- In-person Tour: Art and Architecture Tour | Thurs., Nov. 18 | 3-4 p.m. | Boston Athenæum | Members, Free + Visitors, $2 | Take a guided tour of the Boston Athenæum focused on the history of the building +the special collections.
Friday, Nov. 19
- Celtics vs. Lakers | Fri., Nov. 19 | 7:30 p.m. | TD Garden | $173+ | Don’t miss tip off as the Boston Celtics play the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Dino Safari: A Walk-Thru Adventure | Fri., Nov. 19-Sun., Nov. 28 | Times vary | Faneuil Hall Marketplace | $18+ | Explore and learn about 30+ realistic giant dinosaurs.
- ZooLights | Fri., Nov. 19-Sun., Jan. 9 | Times vary | Stone Zoo | $12.95+ | Take a stroll on the wild side in a winter wonderland with thousands of twinkling lights.
Saturday, Nov. 20
- Celtics vs. Thunder | Sat., Nov. 20 | 7:30 p.m. | TD Garden | $33+| Watch the Boston Celtics take on the Oklahoma City Thunder.
- GRUPO FIRME | Sat., Nov. 20 | 8 p.m. | Agganis Arena | $101+ |
- Boston Comedy Blowout | Sat., Nov. 20 | 8 p.m. | The Cabot Theater | $25+ | Laugh along with some of Boston’s best comedians including, Tony V., Jimmy Dunn, Kelly MacFarland, Corey Rodrigues + Will Noonan.
- In-Person: Holiday Pop-up Book Shop | Sat., Nov. 20 | 12-3 p.m. | The Boston Athenaeum, Henry Long Room | Free | Shop books from Brookline Booksmith or make a small blank book while you shop.
- Boylston Education Foundation Gobble Wobble 5k | Sat., Nov. 20 | 8:30 a.m. | 10 Church St. | $10.50+ | All runners are asked to bring a non-perishable food item for the Boylston Food Pantry.
- STEAM Family Workshop: Engineering a Penguin Home | Sat., Nov. 20 | 3-4 p.m. | Boston Children’s Museum | $18 | Help build a penguin home at the one-hour workshop.
- Musical Hide and Seek with New England Philharmonic | Sat., Nov. 20 | 11-11:30 a.m. + 2-2:30 p.m. | Boston Children’s Museum | $18+ | Join the New England Philharmonic’s String Quartet for a game of musical hide and seek.
Sunday, Nov. 21
- BrunchFit: Cycle & Sip | Sun., Nov. 21 | 11 a.m.-2 p.m. | The Handle Bar Dorchester | $45+ | Sign up for a spin class to earn your brunch — one mimosa and breakfast included.
- Bruins vs. Flames | Sun., Nov. 21 | 7 p.m. | TD Garden | $52+ | Boston Garden Society doors open at 5 p.m. and general public doors open at 6 p.m.
- JINJER with special guests SUICIDE SILENCE and ALL HAIL THE YETI | Sun., Nov. 21 | 6 p.m. | Big Night Live, 110 Causeway St. | $30.50+ |
- Harborside Half | Sun., Nov. 21 | 9 a.m. | Cashman Park | $45+ | This half marathon + 5K race has a shuttle to the starting line, get there early.
- An Evening with David Sedaris | Sun., Nov. 21 | 7-9 p.m. | Symphony Hall Boston | $29+ | Enjoy the show featuring best-selling author and humorist David Sedaris.
Monday, November 22 — Sunday, November 28
Monday, Nov. 22
- Celtics vs. Rockets | Mon., Nov. 22 | 7:30 p.m. | TD Garden | $15+ | The Houston Rockets will play the Boston Celtics.
- 25-33 Hamilton St. Public Meeting | Mon., Nov. 22 | 6-7:30 p.m. | Virtual | Free | The public meeting is to discuss the Small Project Review Application for a project located in Dorchester.
- 745 Atlantic Ave. Joint Impact Advisory Group and Public Meeting | Mon. , Nov. 22 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Proposed changes for the commercial space include use as either life science/R&D, office, or both uses.
- 2021 Trellis Lighting at Christopher Columbus Park | Mon., Nov. 22 | 5-6:30 p.m. | Christopher Columbus Park | Free | Celebrate the annual lighting with live music + refreshments fit for the whole family.
- Meet the Author: Lisa Braxton | Mon., Nov. 22 | 7 p.m. | Tufts Library, 46 Broad St., Weymouth | Free | Lisa Braxton will perform a drumming demonstration and discuss the award-winning novel, The Talking Drum.
- Lego Club | Mon. Nov. 22 | 4-4:15 p.m. | Burlington Public Library | Free | Lego creations displayed in the library after the program.
- Envy on the Coast w/ Actor | Observer at The Sinclair | Mon., Nov. 22 | 8 p.m. | The Sinclair |
- Storytelling for Technology Products | Mon., Nov. 22 | 2:30-5:15 p.m. | 808 Commonwealth Ave. | Free | Register with the BU Spark! Fellowship for a workshop with Dennie Wendt.
Tuesday, Nov. 23
- 270 West 2nd St. — Public Meeting | Tues., Nov. 23 | 6-7:30 p.m. | Virtual | Free | The meeting will discuss a multi-family residential proposal, including 96,000 sqft of floor area, 93 multi-family units, 69-garage parking spaces, and associated amenities.
- Andris Nelsons conducts an All-Brahms Program | Tues., Nov. 23 | 6-8 p.m. | Symphony Hall Boston | $20+ | Listen to the strings and woodwinds of Serenade No. 2.
- The Anchor Tree Ring Coaster Set Paint Party | Tues., Nov. 23 | 6-8 p.m. | The Anchor Boston | Free | Reserve your spot for the paint party to decorate the tree ring coasters.
- NAHS Thanksgiving Football Game | Tues., Nov. 23 | 7:30 p.m. | Fenway Park | $20+ | Watch the North Andover Scarlet Knights play the Andover High School Warriors at Fenway.
- Jeff Rosenstock w/ special guests Slaughter Beach, Dog, and Oceanator | Tues., Nov. 23 | 7 p.m. | Paradise Rock Club | $20+ |
Wednesday, Nov. 24
- Celtics vs. Nets | Wed., Nov. 24 | 7:30 p.m. | TD Garden | $65+
- Targus Targus, Very Cherry, and Fat Randy @ Midway Cafe | Wed., Nov. 24 | 7:30 p.m. | Midway Cafe, 3496 Washington St., Jamaica Plain | $10 | Stop by the cafe for this 21+ evening.
- Vintage Culture — Royale Boston | Wed., Nov. 24 | 9 p.m.-2 a.m. | Royale | $79.90+ | DJ Vintage Culture will perform at this pre-Thanksgiving house ball.
- Chloe Moriondo | Wed., Nov. 24 | 7 p.m. | Brighton Music Hall | $20+ | Doors open at 7 p.m., show begins at 8 p.m.
- Wicked Retro Night | Wed., Nov. 24 | 5-8 p.m. | Sam Adams Boston Taproom | Free | Come play all your favorite retro video games with a local beer or two.
- Thanksgiving Eve | Wed., Nov. 24 | 6 p.m.-2 a.m. | Howl at the Moon | Free | Drink specials, games + dancing before Turkey day.
- Go Big or Gourd Home Pumpkin Pie and Wine Pick Up | Wed., Nov. 24 | 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Boston Winery | $110+ | Place your orders early + if you are one of the first 30 to pick up your wine pack you’ll take home a free pumpkin pie.
Thursday, Nov. 25
- The Fellow Man Project | Thurs., Nov. 25 | 9-11 a.m. | 870 Massachusetts Ave. | Free | Join three New England automotive organizations to support events to support the community starting with the Pilgrim Run.
- Thanksgiving with a Beehive Twist | Thurs., Nov. 25 | 11 a.m.-11:30 p.m. | The Beehive, 541 Tremont St. | $80+ | Make reservations online for a prix-fixe traditional Thanksgiving plate.
- Legendary Thanksgiving | Thurs., Nov. 25 | 12-8 p.m. | Hard Rock Cafe Boston | $29.95+ | Walk-ins are available if your preferred dining time is unavailable.
- Thanksgiving Charity Burn The Bird Workout | Thurs., Nov. 25 | 8 a.m. + 9 a.m. | 111 Morgan Dr., Norwood | $25+ | The one-hour class is free, but donations will be collected for the the Massachusetts chapter of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
- Annual Vegan Harvest Dinner | Thurs., Nov. 25 | 12-6 p.m. | Red Lentil Vegan & Vegetarian Restaurant — Watertown | $59.99+ | Three seating options + wine pairings available for the five-course dinner.
- Boston Volvo Thanksgiving Day 5K | Thurs., Nov. 25 | 7:30 a.m. | 61 N. Beacon St., Allston
- Wild Turkey 5 Mile Run | Thurs., Nov. 25 | 8-11 a.m. | Washington Square, Salem | $30+ | Proceeds from the road race benefit The Boys & Girls Club of Greater Salem.
- Franklin Park Turkey Trot 5K | Thurs., Nov. 25 | 9 a.m. | Franklin Park Golf Clubhouse | $30+ | Sign up for this road race + look at the map for extra parking options.
Friday, Nov. 26
- BYOB Holiday Lights Trolley | Fri., Nov. 26 | 4 p.m. | Back Bay XX | $75 | Take a trolley ride to all of the seasonal attractions ending with Faneuil Hall for the 2021 Light Show.
- Bruins vs. Rangers | Fri., Nov. 26 | 3:30 p.m. | TD Garden | $112+
- The Elf on the the Shelf: A Christmas Miracle | Fri., Nov. 16 | 3 p.m. | Boch Center | $29.95+ | Don’t miss the arrival of Santa’s helper at this holiday musical event.
- STEAM: Sink and Float | Fri., Nov. 26 | 1:20-4:30 p.m. | Boston Children’s Museum, STEAM Lab | $18 | Activities are grouped by ages 3-5, 5-7 + 6 and up.
- Learn to Make Fresh Pasta | Fri., Nov. 26 | 6-9 p.m. | Selfup Venue, 19 Kingston St. | $100+ | Sign up for a cooking class + dinner to learn how to make Italian favorites.
Saturday, Nov. 27
- Sebastian Maniscalco | Sat., Nov. 27 | TBD | TD Garden | $84.50+ | Laughs are in store for the Nobody Does This Tour.
- Dinosaur Jr. | Sat., Nov. 27 | 6:30 p.m. | House of Blues Boston | $37.50 |
- The Nutcracker | Sat., Nov. 27-Sun., Nov. 28 | Citizens Bank Opera House | $117+ | Dance with the Sugar Plum Fairies in this holiday performance with the Boston Ballet.
- Bob Dylan | Sat., Nov. 27 | 8 p.m. | Boch Center | $59+ | Don’t miss the local stop for the Rough and Rowdy Ways Tour.
- Small Business Saturday | Sat., Nov. 27 | 10 a.m.-5 p.m. | The Bow Market | Free | Shop 20+ local vendors at this all day market.
- Beer Brunch | Sat., Nov. 27 | 10:30 a.m. | Sam Adams Brewery | Price of purchase | Get there early and enjoy the waffle bar.
- Yoga in the Beer Garden | Sat., Nov. 27 | 9:30-10:30 a.m. | Remnant Brewing Company, Somerville | $10 | Stretch then sip — get there early to snag a parking spot.
Sunday, Nov. 28
- Hot Tuna | Sun., Nov. 28 | 8 p.m. | The Wilbur | $50+ | The acoustic + electric set will feature David Bromber Quintet.
- Falliday Pop Up Event | Sun., Nov. 28 | 12-4 p.m. | 101 Webster Ave., Chelsea | Price of purchase | Shop 15+ local vendors.
- Boston University Men’s Basketball vs. Merrimack College | Sun., Nov. 28 | 1 p.m. | Case Gym | $12+ | Watch the Bulldogs take on Merrimack College.
- Taproom Yoga at Night Shift Brewing | Sun., Nov. 28 | 11 a.m. | Night Shift Brewing | $15+ | Admission includes the yoga class + one beer.
- New England Patriots vs. Tennessee Titans | Sun., Nov. 28 | 1 p.m. | Gillette Stadium | $115+ | Watch the home team on the home field.
Monday, November 29 — Tuesday, November, 30
Monday, Nov. 29
- Kyle T. Mays — An Afro-Indigenous History of the United States | Mon., Nov. 29 | 6-7 p.m. | Virtual | Free | This virtual session will discuss the history of the Black and Native American history in early America.
- Boston Landing Virtual Public Meeting | Mon., Nov. 29 | 7-8 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Tune in to learn more about the Hotel Project portion of the Boston Landing project.
- 202 W. 1st St. Virtual Public Meeting | Mon., Nov. 29 | | 6-7:30 p.m. | Virtual | Free | The proposed project would add a new five story mixed-use commercial office building.
- Tree Farm Pop Up | Mon., Nov. 29 | 5-8 p.m. | Sam Adams Brewery | Price of purchase | Stop by the brewery to grab your holiday tree.
- Reading Fredrick Douglass Together | Mon., Nov. 29 | 5:30-7:30 p.m. | Boston Public Library Roxbury Branch, 149 Dudley St. | Free | Reflect on the past and present during this public reading of Fredrick Douglass’s work.
- Copley Square Tree Lighting | Mon., Nov. 29 | 5-6 p.m. | 560 Boylston St. | Free | Join the Back Bay neighborhood for a festive evening of refreshments, giveaways, and the annual Copley Square Tree lighting.
Tuesday, Nov. 30
- The Musical Box : A Genesis Extravaganza Vol. II | Tues., Nov. 30 | 7:30 p.m. | The Wilbur | $35+ | All tickets will be honored for this rescheduled show.
- 323-365 Dorchester Ave. — Virtual Impact Advisory Group & Public Meeting | Tues., Nov. 30 | 6-7:30 p.m. | Virtual | Free | The meeting will include a presentation followed by a Q+A.
- Boston University Medical Campus — Virtual Task Force Meeting | Tues., Nov. 30 | 6-7:30 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Join the BPDA for a meeting to discuss the campus development plans as outlined in the proposed IMP.