Can you believe it’s been one full year of BOStoday? 365 days, 200+ newsletter sends, and so many stories shared — it’s gone by so fast.
We decided to celebrate our first birthday with a look back at some of our favorite stories + moments in Boston.
For the history buffs
Our team stuck to the details of the Great Molasses Flood and penned an ode to Dunkin’ in the form of a history feature on the coffee chain.
We also broke down the history of the New England Patriots (previously the Boston Patriots) and the legacy of Boston’s north star, the Citgo sign.
Getting to know some locals
We’ve been lucky enough to chat with lots of movers and shakers, from the $1 portrait artist at the Common to a local food stylist + our fellow journalist pal, Matt Shearer.
Consider us your tour guides
Whether it’s how to explore Boston’s neighborhoods — including Chinatown, Beacon Hill, and Jamaica Plain — or dishing out the best spots for dollar oysters, we like to think we’ve helped our readers navigate the city.
Getting down to business
So, so many new businesses moved into town, from Ramsay’s Kitchen to the Next Door speakeasy and Beacon Hill Books & Cafe.
Speaking of the local business scene, we discussed the fastest growing companies in Boston + the four companies featured in TIME Magazine.
Some other highlights...
- We shared your 2022 horoscopes. Did they come true yet?
- Our team celebrated local beverages for a whole week during the inaugural Drink Up festivities.
- Red Sox legend Big Papi made his way to the Hall of Fame.
- Things got a little frosty when we showed off New England’s only ice castle.
- We embarked on a taste test to answer the age-old question: Mike’s or Modern?
It’s been a whirlwind of a year + we can’t wait to see what comes next.