Table of Contents
It’s like the Oscars for foodies — and we’re hungry to dish on these nominees. Yesterday, the James Beard Foundation announced its annual list of semifinalists for the 2023 restaurant and chef awards.
The list is broken up by individuals and restaurants, and the Bay State can claim a number of potential award-winning eateries and chefs. Let’s take a look at the local nominees.
Best Chef: Northeast Nominees
- Douglass Williams — MIDA
- Valentine Howell — Krasi
- Derrick Teh — SEKALI
- Yahya Noor — Tawakal Halal Cafe
- Yisha Siu — Yunnan Kitchen
Additionally, Ellie Tiglao received a nomination for Best Chef for their work at Tanám at Bow Market in Somerville, which is now closed.
Nominees around Massachusetts
- Outstanding Restaurant: PAGU, Cambridge + Red Rose Restaurant, Lowell
- Best New Restaurant: La Royal, Cambridge
- Outstanding Wine and Other Beverages Program: Rebel Rebel, Somerville
- Emerging Chef: Vinh Le — Cicada Coffee Bar, Cambridge
- Outstanding Chef: Rachel Miller — Nightshade Noodle Bar, Lynn
Save the date for Monday, June 5, when the finalists will be announced at an awards presentation, followed by a winners gala.