“I’m in love with Massachusetts
And the neon when it’s cold outside
And the highway when it’s late at night
Got the radio on
I’m like the roadrunner.”
These lyrics are from the Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers’ song Roadrunner, which also happens to share its name with Boston’s newest music venue.
Roadrunner is a new 50,000-sqft venue located at 89 Guest St. in the Allston-Brighton neighborhood. The venue is slated to open in Spring 2022 as the area’s largest general admission concert venue, with a capacity of 3,500.
Last week tickets to the very first shows went on sale.👇 Here’s the lineup:
- Khruangbin | Thurs., Mar. 17 + Fri., Mar. 18 | 8 p.m.
- Dropkick Murphys | Sun., Mar. 20 | 6 p.m.
- Chelsea Cutler | Sun., Mar. 27 | 8 p.m.
- JoJo | Tues., Mar. 29 | 8 p.m.
- Lane 8 | Fri., Apr. 8 | 8 p.m.
- Big Thief | Wed., Apr. 13 | 8 p.m.
- Watchhouse (Formerly Mandolin Orange) | Sun., Apr. 17 | 8 p.m.
- Lake Street Dive | Sun., June 12 | 8 p.m.
- Waxahatchee | Tues., June 21 | 8 p.m.
- Wallows | Wed., June 22, 2021 | 8 p.m.